*Note All videos shown in this example are courtesy of other sites and do not actually relate to the headings, titles or anchor images. We are just lazy in that way.
As the Internet has gravitated towards "Flash" format for video (thanks Youtube), Linear has been configured to host and present these rich media features in a variety of formats.
Like other portions of Linear, your Flash Videos can be tagged to related content (see Site Tags), rated by your web visitors (see Ratings) and commented upon by visitors (see Feedback).
Notable Features: In addition to providing you total control over the video presentation (dimensions, color, placement, etc), the Flash Video interface also allows:
- You can place a "watermark" in the upper right quadrant of the videos. Define the watermark once in your defaults and all videos will carry this feature - great branding.
- Optionally, include an "anchor image" with videos to provide a preview of the content.
- Optionally, include the"full-screen" mode which allows the web visitor to view the video on their entire screen. See the icon on the player.
This example includes and embedded presentation of a single video and a "tabbed" example in the upper right referencing several Flash Videos categories. The category presentation allows you to offer multiple related videos in a single interface.
Other presentation formats for your Flash Videos include:
List all Videos: This presentation will list all videos. The default order for the listings is chronologically descending (i.e. most recent first), but the videos could also be listed alphabetically or in a random order. Click here for an on-site example of this presentation.
Video Categories: This presentation will list all videos from a particular category. The default order for the listings is chronologically descending (i.e. most recent first), but categories can also be listed alphabetically or in a random order.
- Click here for an on-site example a video category listed.
- Click here for an on-site example a video category presented in a player.
- Click here for an on-site example a video category presented in a pop-open player.
Video Tags: Like many portions of your Linear system, individual videos can be "tagged" relating the video to other content on your site (i.e. editorial, blogs, letters, etc.). You can easily generate a list of videos sharing a particular tag. Of course, a single video can have multiple tags.
- Click here for an on-site example a videos tagged with "Politics".
- Click here for an on-site example a videos tagged with "Music".
- Click here for an on-site example a videos tagged with "Music" and Politics".