April 16 07:51 AM
Share
QR Code
image
flag image

Development Blog
shadow
Development Blog
This blog will be used as a vehicle to keep interested parties abreast of changes to the Linear system. Using the RSS feed utility, we hope existing and potential clients will become more knowledgeable about our system. Launched September 21, 2005.


printPrint
emailEmail
shareShare
New Visuals Interface
shadow

New Visuals Interface

the best gets better


April 20, 2007 | 11:46 AM

Finished revamping the editorial visuals system and launched with virtually no blow-back! New features are almost too numerous to mention in a blog entry, but of course I'll try.
  • Limitless Images: Previously, an editorial item was limited to containing up to 4 images within the body of the text. While this was more than adequate 98% of the time, we sweat the other 2%. Now there is no limit.
  • Photo Credits: Long overdue. We added a database for photographers. Simply select (or hand type) a photographer when adding a visual. The system will apply separate text styling for the photographer and link the name to a list of all images credited to the photographer.
  • Size on the Fly: Usually, when uploading visual the system defaults determine the various sizes for the image - now, you can override the defaults when adding images to select any size to be embedded within the text.
  • Hidden Images: Too many images to include with the story, just add the images anyways. Your Linear system will include a link at the end of the story to view all images.
  • Faster to boot: Because the images are stored in a separate database, changes to editorial and image placement are much faster. Essentially, the system is only calculating the image size once and storing the results with the image record.
  • Image Title: When uploading a visual, you can title the image for easy reference. The title is available in pulldown menus and when searching/listing images. it beats working with the image name.


Click Here for more information and some on-site examples.


Blog Search
quotes
corydonI've had a great experience with Linear Publishing. The system was easy to learn, and Greg and his staff are always available to answer any questions I may have.

Our readers are apparently liking the results, too, because our visits to the web site have tripled this year.

Chris Timberlake, Web Development
Friday
04 - 16 - 21
07:51
April
arrow
S M T W T F S
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930